Thanks to everyone who participated in the second-annual Sisters of Notre Dame Nun Run 5K on February 6! For more photos of the event as well as timing results, visit our Facebook page.
Posts Tagged ‘Nun Run’
Posted in Events, tagged 5K, celebration, celebrations, Community, health, La Reina, La Reina High School and Middle School, Nun Run, Nun Run 5K, nuns, Second-Annual Nun Run 5K, sister, Sisters of Notre Dame, Sisters of Notre Dame California, Sisters of Notre Dame Nun Run 5K, SND, SNDCA, thank you, Thousand Oaks, women religious on February 15, 2016| Leave a Comment »
Posted in Uncategorized, tagged activities, Care for the Earth, Conservation, Events, JPIC, La Reina High School, Nun Run, Nun Run 5K, nuns, perks, Sister Betty Mae Bienlein, Sisters, Sisters of Notre Dame, Sisters of Notre Dame California, SND, Thousand Oaks, Virtual Event Bags on November 7, 2014| Leave a Comment »
If you sign up for the Nun Run 5K, you will be the proud recipient of a Nun Run t-shirt, a savory pancake breakfast, great company and a goodie bag with impressive coupons; but did you know you’ll also be doing something good for the planet?
Since the sisters are very concerned with caring for the earth, all participants will get a Virtual Event Bag instead of a regular goodie bag. Instead of filling a goodie bag with paper coupons and booklets- which costs a few trees – everything can be retrieved on your preferred electronic device. Isn’t that so cool? If you use your iPhone or iPad to retrieve your coupons, just take your device to the store to get your items. No printing of the coupons – it’s all paperless! This is awesome!!!
Many sisters are making gigantic steps in reducing their carbon footprints on this wondrous earth of ours. They do this by using fewer plastic water bottles, bringing reusable shopping bags to the store, taking shorter showers, washing full loads, recycling and reusing as much as possible. What are you doing to make a small difference? Do you have a household plan and appropriate containers for sorting your trash? Do you know where to take old batteries, electronics, medicine, light bulbs and other hazardous waste?
As committed folks who want the best future for our children and grandchildren, we need to continually educate ourselves about better ways to use the resources and energies of the earth. Go to your city’s website to be informed about their environmental programs and events. You will learn much to share with your family, friends and neighbors. And don’t forget to sign up for the Nun Run!
Sister Betty Mae Bienlein
Justice, Peace and Integrity of Creation Coordinator for the California Province
Posted in Events, tagged Events, January 2015, La Reina, La Reina High School, Nun Run, Nun Run 5K, nuns, race, Sisters, Sisters of Notre Dame, Sisters of Notre Dame California, Sisters of Notre Dame Nun Run 5K, SND, SNDCA on October 17, 2014| Leave a Comment »
1. IT’S A GREAT CAUSE: All proceeds from the race go straight to the Sisters of Notre Dame Life and Ministry Fund, which keeps the sisters covered while they serve in volunteer and unpaid ministries.
2. YOU GET COOL STUFF: Each participant will receive a Nun Run t-shirt (while supplies last), plus a delicious pancake breakfast on the day of the race and a virtual goodie bag with gifts and special offers from our sponsors. Top finishers in each age bracket will get a prize!
3. THE 5K IS CHIP-TIMED: With help from Vendurance Sports, our 5K race will feature professional chip timing to make your race count towards your goals!
4. IT’S A GOOD EXCUSE TO GET MOVING: The new year is right around the corner and signing up for a 5K can be a great source of motivation to keep up your workouts throughout the holiday season.
5. ANYONE CAN DO IT: You can walk, run, skip or hop the 5K or the 1-mile course! We understand that not everyone likes to run, but we want you to join us anyway! Children of all ages are also welcome to join in this family friendly event.
6. WE HAVE EXCELLENT HELP: Our friends La Reina High School in Thousand Oaks have agreed to help us make this event memorable. The Nun Run is a chance for you to see La Reina up close and meet some of their great staff and students.
7. THE SISTERS ARE EXCITED: Sisters of Notre Dame are already busy sharing this event with their families and friends. They would love to see you there and cheer you on!
8. IT’S EASY TO GET STARTED: Signing up for the Nun Run is a snap. Just go online to https://runsignup.com/Race/CA/ThousandOaks/NunRun and get going!
9. IT’S AFFORDABLE: Since we are a new race, our 5K is just $32.50 and our 1-mile event is $22.50. We’ve kept costs down to make sure our participants are happy!
10. YOU CAN DO MORE: We don’t just need runners. We also need volunteers, sponsors and donors to make this event a success. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how you can give more of your time and talents.
By now you may have heard that the Sisters of Notre Dame are hosting a 5K event this January called the Nun Run. We’d like to extend a big thank you to our friends and followers who have shown so much enthusiasm for this event already! If you haven’t signed up yet, the step-by-step guide below will show you how. You can also call (805) 917-3713 or email email@example.com for help with registration.
Step 1: Go to Runsignup.com and click on “SIGN UP”
Step 2: Fill out the form with your information, then scroll to the bottom and click “REGISTER”
Step 3: Click on “RUNNERS” at the top of the page
Step 4: Click on “FIND A RACE”
Step 5: Search for “NUN RUN” and click on our race from the list that appears as below
Step 6: Select which course you would like to take
Step 7: When you see this window, select “Register Me”
Step 8: Click on “Continue”
Step 9: Sign the waiver electronically and click on “Continue”
Step 10: Enter your preferred t-shirt size
Step 11: Make a donation if you would like, or scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Continue”
Step 12: Become a fundraiser if you would like, or scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Continue”
Step 13: Enter your payment information and click on “Confirm Payment”
Step 14: Share with your friends!